“Children go where there is excitement, but stay where there is love.”
A child spends three years in the Kindergarten section i.e. Nursery, L.K.G, U.K.G
The curriculum is designed keeping the following areas in mind –
- Gross motor development
- Fine motor development
- Language development
- Numeracy development
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
- Creative development
The objectives for each subject are achieved through purposeful activities and themes.
- The Kindergarten Resource Room is spacious and lively with a variety of age appropriate resources that keep the little minds engaged and develop in them a love for learning.
- A year round calendar is planned for various activities and weekly assembly, outdoor play, singing, dance , art and craft, circle time (story telling) and indoor games.
- Educational excursions and field trips are organized for the students.
- There are no formal examinations however assessments are ongoing.
- The children are looked after by an experienced and committed faculty.
Cambridge international School is affiliated to the CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (CBSE)
The school offers a wide range of academic choices. The subjects offered are grouped under the following Departments.
|Subjects taught||About Primary Curriculum|
3. EVS (GRADE 1-3)
4. SCIENCE (GRADE 4 AND 5)
5. SOCIAL SCIENCE (GRADE 4 AND 5)
7. PUNJABI (COMPULSORY TILL GRADE 3)
8. PUNJABI/SANSKRIT (CHOICE OFFERED IN GRADE 4 AND 5)
9. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
|The School is structured on these levels-namely Junior School (classes IV-VI), Middle School (classes VII-IX), and the Senior School (classes X-XII).The curriculum encourages students to develop an understanding of key concepts and ideas. In this way, a sound base is built to equip students with the appropriate attitudes and skills. Concept teaching is the base of the learnings and teaching process in the school.
Projects, activity oriented and content centric teaching is introduced at the Primary School level. Cross curriculum understanding is encouraged through theme-based teaching.
Pupils are encouraged to be independent learners and engage in hands on learning experiences. Research and reference in school is supported by the Research Lab and Learning Resource Centre. The teaching process is facilitated by different Laboratories vizScience Labs, MathLab,EVS Lab, Computer Lab, Art Lab and Craft lab.
Assessments are a very important part of the curriculum of the Millennium Learning system. It aids to bring up the skill levels of each learner. A system of regular Formative Assessments and Summative Assessments help achieve this.
At CISA we ensure high quality education and advocate and provide challenges that encourage our students to innovate and realize their potential .Technology today provides us with effective learning tools such as the audio visual medium though we firmly believe that the facilitator/teacher cannot be substituted and plays a pivotal role in class room learning. Field trips, excursions, lectures by guest faculty, workshops, participation in inter school activities, to name a few, are encouraged and supported by all who conceived Cambridge as an International School of repute.